ACE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACE

The ACE Alliance

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» EXPEDITION RESULTS!!!
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 am by pickard

» EXPEDITION THEORY.
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm by Luau

» Background...
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:26 am by Admin

» Why am I being attacked by members of ace?
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:45 am by Cerulean Wraith

» Use Of Circulars in ACE..
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 7:48 am by Admin

» GUIDE TO ACE.
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:56 pm by Admin

» Can we attack inactives in our Alliance?
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 am by Admin

» Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am by Admin

» What should be the time limit for deciding a vote in the forum after sending out an ogame circular?
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?

Go down 
2 posters

Yes
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_lcap43%Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
No
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_lcap29%Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Perhaps later..
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_lcap14%Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Don't know
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_lcap0%Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't give a hoot.
Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_lcap14%Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? Empty
PostSubject: Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 1:36 pm

ACE now has 55 members.

Out of these there will probably be 10 strong players, 15 medium players, and around 30 weaker players.

It is always the way of things.
==============================================
There are 2 ways to recruit strong players.

The first is to recruit who is performing the best at the moment.

This has been done by approaching the ranking listings, and local players with high points.

The second is to recruit strong players before they are strong, ie. recruit a bunch of new players and see who comes out on top.

"The aim was and IS to create the strongest alliance in the universe"

Another ethos of ACE is allowance : allowance for people to play the game their own way.

Despite this lack of strictness, it is seen as good strategy to have contacts nearby from our own alliance; to create pockets of ACE which will facilitate trade, and ACS strikes and defense. The higher the density of our grouping, the more local options we have, and the better the chance of someone being able to help us.

To simply put a cap on ACE at 60 or whatever, is to say either stick with the group on your new planet area or go it alone in the darkness. I think a person should be empowered not only to force open a new crack in our universe by themselves if they wish by recruiting new people around them, but to solidify their new positions.

New players cannot be attacked anyway, why not recruit them? And if a player is strong why not? The stronger we are as an alliance the less strong they are.

And the argument that we are running out of people to attack...

We have 57 members - that means we still have 19,943 people left to attack!!!

I think if we can not get, but Force the whole universe into the ACE alliance, then we will have done our job.

Of course the game is in the playing. But also open endedness has no restriction. That ACE should stay small!..

By your standards. Always by your own standards...

"The aim was and IS to create the strongest Alliance in the universe"

Like a Star @ heaven Strength is our beauty. Like a Star @ heaven

This is a fulcrum point in ACE and goes against what has been outlined in it's aim of intent.

I will however put a poll in here to reflect what people are thinking, and I will be listening open mindedly and interestedly to any views you have.

Remember new recruits reenforce YOUR position in the galaxy.

Other relevant questions of how we proceed would include..

Do too many members in one alliance distract significantly the aims of the alliance?

HOW WE GO ABOUT HAVING MORE PEOPLE might be the thinking rather than not exlopring how we can be bigger. Some things are worth trying...

This brings us back to the circulars being used to communicate instead of the forum.
The forum is there to stop crisscross complexity of communication happening and so our communication is logged for other people to benefit of. ie it is almost selfish to use circulars at the expense of later members education, and

Should ACE have a WING Division into which the weaker player are put?

These questions will be started as new threads here. If you think of any other angles we should discuss, please post them to make people think.
Back to top Go down
https://ace1.forumotion.net
cardsharksam
Pending Member
cardsharksam

PostSubject: Re: Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 pm

i think a cap of 50 players then we could form a wing alliance
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What is the problem at 50 to form a wing alliance?   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 am

Yeah a wing alliance may be a good idea if we run into problems of communication etc.

I wouldn't particularly want to do it for reasons of grandeur. It is also a strength for more experienced players to hear of smaller players problems through the circular and be able to respond to them. This way, they too can become strong players.

Vibrancy comes from interaction. Would be a shame to cut the vibrancy in half needlessly. However we can discuss the need for a wing Alliance if we see the need for a cap.

I need to know reasons why anyone would want to put a cap on the alliance, or my view will stay the same until I can see a problem.

I see no problem at the moment.
Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 8:04 am

i dont mind more members
just dont go for everyone u find
otherwise theyll jus join then quit then join then quit
its filling up my messages
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Check out system 1:438 .... OWNED!!   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 am

The potential for ACS defense is greatly increased, and will make attackers much more wary.

Now if there was a cap, that would not have been possible.
tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE?   Should a cap be put on recruitment in ACE? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ACE :: The ACE Forum :: The ACE Ethos and Philosophy of Operation-
Jump to: